Sunday 9 October 2011

Week 3 - Issues with loading 3D Studio Max File

Today, when I came to open my work to continue with the next step in the design process (I had already separated my face into vertices and only had to do one more thing to obtain the shape of the face) I kept receiving the following error:



This occurred with my back up file as well. I have emailed my tutor to find out what steps I can take to hopefully retrieve my work, otherwise I will need to repeat all of last week's work again. I have no idea why the file has corrupted as it appeared to work on the university machines where I had saved it, plus I have tried both x32 and x64 bit versions of 3D Studio Max.

Until then, I am continuing with my other modules and my group work Virtual Environments assignment.

2 comments:

  1. What version of max are you using at home compared to at uni? Are they the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jack
    Yeah I was using the wrong version :( Was using 2010 without realising. Downloaded 2011 version and now I'm good to go! Thank you for your help!

    ReplyDelete