Monday 19 December 2011

Adding Hair

Applying hair and fur is a new technique which I have never used before. Due to lack of time, I did not have much time to experiment with it, therefore it did not match my face as it should, making it a little unrealistic. Still, I thought it would be a good idea to display my experimentation anyway. 

I selected the polygons I wanted to apply hair to first of all. The annoying thing about hair and fur is that you have to keep producing renders to see what you have changed in each stage.  In the image below, it simply just shows where the hair has been positioned on the model: 
    

This is where I removed any hair which I accidentally put on my neck using the haircut tool. I then used re-comb to reshape the rest of the hair and changed the hair colour so it is closer to my natural colour.


Here is the render of my hair with the reference planes included:


This is my final face model after it has been rendered with all the reference planes hidden:


This is a side view of my finished head model: 


Overall, I am very pleased with how my model turned out, even though it does not really look like me all that much. If I had more time in the future, I would concentrate more on trying to fix up the hair and remove the pinching near the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment